Ah ha! interview with Greg Bedayn, rshom (na), cch - Founding editor of the american homeopath , January, 2000


- Interview  by melanie grimes, rshom (na)
 January, 2000
 AH: What gave you the idea to start The American Homeopath?
 GB: No one was doing a journal the way I wanted, so I did it. And I figured one more journal wouldn't hurt.
 AH: What was the way you wanted to do it? What was missing?
 GB: In depth interviews and provings.
 AH: Where did you get the idea for the name of the journal?
 GB: Frank Craft and Underhill had started a journal with similar name in 1879.
 AH: What did you do first?
 GB: I asked permission from Lou Klein, then the president of NASH, and he said, "Go for it."
 AH: Then what happened?
 GB: I interviewed Roger van Zaandvoort and the others, and the rest is history.
 AH: NASH was just in its infancy then.
 GB: Yup.
 AH: What were you doing before homeopathy?
 GB: I was an inventor for 13 years. Invented surgical tools, a self-cleaning garlic press, wood-burning hot tubs, stuff like that. Built boats and engines and caught fish. Played drums and piano.
 AH: Very homeopathic.
 GB: I was offered a fellowship to the Hahnemann College.
 AH: And that started your quest as a homeopath?
 GB: Yup. I also studied law but found it too boring.
 AH: Wasn't there some story about you and mountain climbers?
 GB: My dad invented a carabiner (clip) used by mountain climbers. When Sir Edmund Hillary came to the U.S.  on his way to climb Mt. Everest he stayed with us and slept in my bed. I slept downstairs.
 AH: What did you enjoy most about being the founding editor?
 GB: The notoriety. I enjoyed the cartoons I did and got a lot of positive feedback about them.
 AH: What surprised you most about being an editor?
 GB: Getting good writers to write good material.
 AH: Is there anything you are particularly proud of?
 GB: My own proving of Raven's Blood.
 AH: Why is that?
 GB: Because it points out the uniqueness of the Raven's Blood to eating disorders. Everyone in the proving group developed an eating disorder. Going to the refrigerator and emptying it out. Everyone. Including me.
 AH: Any interviews that you particularly enjoyed?
 GB: I enjoyed them all.
 AH: The covers were wonderful.
 GB: The covers were godsends to me.
 AH: How did you decide who to dedicate each issue to?
 GB: Hering was the father of American homeopathy so he was Number One.
 Number Two was Kent. Because he was so popular
 Number Three was Melanie because she shared your name and I was running out of guys.
 AH: And she was the first woman to be given a medical degree from an American medical school.
 GB: That too. Number Four was Coulter because he is a great homeopathic historian.
 AH: Anything else about the journal that you'd like to tell us?
 GB: I see it as a great wealth of information, for all homeopaths. It's been a great gift for me.
 AH: And for all of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homeopathic Remedies for Over Sensitive to Noise&Tinnitus

The Effective treatment of Urethral stricture with Homeopathy

Dr.Devendra Kumar Munta MD Homeo,International Homeopathic Consultant